Implanted medical devices
Manufacturers of medical devices recommend that a minimum separation of 15.3
centimetres (6 inches) should be maintained between a wireless device and an
implanted medical device, such as a pacemaker or implanted cardioverter defibrillator,
to avoid potential interference with the medical device. Persons who have such devices
● Always keep the wireless device more than 15.3 centimetres (6 inches) from the
medical device when the wireless device is turned on.
● Not carry the wireless device in a breast pocket.
● Hold the wireless device to the ear opposite the medical device to minimise the
potential for interference.
● Turn the wireless device off immediately if there is any reason to suspect that
interference is taking place.
● Read and follow the directions from the manufacturer of their implanted medical
If you have any questions about using your wireless device with an implanted medical
device, consult your health care provider.