Important: This device operates using radio signals, wireless networks, landline
networks, and user-programmed functions. If your device supports voice calls over the
internet (internet calls), activate both the internet calls and the cellular phone. The
device will attempt to make emergency calls over both the cellular networks and
through your internet call provider if both are activated. Connections in all conditions
cannot be guaranteed. You should never rely solely on any wireless device for essential
communications like medical emergencies.
To make an emergency call:
1. If the device is not on, switch it on. Check for adequate signal strength. Depending
on your device, you may also need to complete the following:
● Insert a SIM card if your device uses one.
● Remove certain call restrictions you have activated in your device.
● Change your profile from offline or flight profile mode to an active profile.
2. Press the end key as many times as needed to clear the display and ready the device
Additional safety information
© 2009 Nokia. All rights reserved.
3. Enter the official emergency number for your present location. Emergency numbers
vary by location.
4. Press the call key.
When making an emergency call, give all the necessary information as accurately as
possible. Your wireless device may be the only means of communication at the scene
of an accident. Do not end the call until given permission to do so.